Cooking spaghetti squash is simple and easy! You can cook it n the oven and top it with various items to satisfy your taste buds. Below are three ways to top your spaghetti squash.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribbing. Rub the inside and edges of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash cut side up on the baking sheet. Roast for 45-60 minutes or until lightly browned and slightly fork tender. The time will vary depending on the size of your squash.
- Remove from the oven and flip the squash so that it’s cut side up. When cool to the touch, use a fork to scrape and fluff the strands from the sides of the squash.
To complete your food tasting adventure, follow one of these options below:
1. Italian Style - Mix in the following ingredients with the spaghetti squash when still warm. Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 TBL Italian seasoning
- 1 TBL sliced chives
- 1/2 C grated parmasean cheese
2. Sweet and Savory - Mix in the following ingredients with the spaghetti squash when still warm. Ingredients:
- 2 TBL honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 C roasted walnuts, pecans, and/or raisins (optional)
3. Beefy and Cheesy - Mix in the following ingredients with the spaghetti squash when still warm. Ingredients: